- Consulting services focused on business development, market analysis, and data analytics.
- Projects involving strategic planning, competitive intelligence, product development, new product introductions, intellectual property analysis, and technology assessment.
- Applicable domain areas include IoT (Internet-of-Things), wireless communications (LAN and WAN), broadband telecommunications, electronic components (e.g. radio frequency ICs, microcontrollers, sensors) and other general areas of electronics technologies.
- Independent projects focusing on cloud computing, Internet-of-Things, wireless technology, Google BigQuery for patent research, and competitive intelligence analysis (see Moeller Ventures blog: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog).
- Relationships and clients span IP law firms, technology suppliers, post-secondary educational institutions, venture capitalists, and institutional investors.
See the list of Past Consulting Projects at the following link - https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/past-projects.
- Committee member helping analyze technology issues that come before the City Council, including IoT (Internet-of-Things) smart city technology, data center / carrier hotel infrastructure, fiber and cable broadband communications, WiFi, and DSL.
- The efforts of the Tech Working Group resulted in broader availability of higher-speed broadband cable, DSL, and fiber, as well as attracting a privately-owned carrier hotel / data center located in Eagan and owned by DataBank Ltd (http://www.databank.com/data_center_properties.html).
- See the Star Tribune article entitled “Eagan lands a major data center” (http://www.startribune.com/eagan-lands-a-major-data-center/264998751/).
- Provided enabling technology solutions to electronic product designers pursuing early Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications and printed circuit board (PCB) projects, including an embeddable internet server based on Microchip’s PIC18F97J60 microcontroller and an online marketplace for CAD electronic component models.
- Lead analyst in setting strategy for the wireless communications group.
- Covered wireless infrastructure, microwave broadband wireless, RF (radio frequency) semiconductors and the B2B wireless Internet (the early IoT marketplace).
- Responsibilities included due diligence for the investment banking and research departments, authoring frequent company and industry reports, and seminars to institutional investors and venture capitalists.
- As part of Dain Rauscher Wessels and Wessels, Arnold, & Henderson (prior to the acquisitions by Dain Rauscher and RBC), was the lead analyst on numerous IPOs and secondary stock offerings including the IPO of Aironet (an early 802.11 WiFi wireless LAN company), going public in July of 1999 (valuation ~$150 million) and subsequently sold to Cisco in March of 2000 for ~$1.4 billion. The firm's most successful wireless transaction.
- Freelance technology market analyst for Datapro (now a division of Gartner Group), authoring reports on telecommunications, wireless communications, and mobile computing.
- Senior project engineer responsible for leading research, development, and system integration of ADC’s multi-unit dwelling subscriber-termination telecommunication products.
- Responsible for market analysis, development strategy, and design implementation for the company’s spread spectrum digital radio product operating the in the 902-928Mhz unlicensed band.
PAPERS & REPORTS:
Internet of Things (IoT) Patent Landscape Reference Report Summary – September 25, 2019: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog/23-2019-articles/41-09-25-2019-iot-patent-landscape-reference-report-summary
The Data Science Trend and A Cloud-Based Crawler as a Platform for Intellectual Property and Competitive Intelligence Research: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog/16-2017-articles/16-12-15-2017-the-data-science-trend-and-a-cloud-based-crawler
Competitive Intelligence for Successful Businesses: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog/21-2018-articles/32-03-07-2018-competitive-intelligence-for-successful-businesses
Programmatic Patent Searches Using Google’s BigQuery & Public Patent Data: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog/21-2018-articles/36-08-31-2018-programmatic-patent-searches-using-google-bigquery-public-patent-data
Patent Information Analysis for Strategic Business Decisions - The Patent Portfolio Audit: https://www.moellerventures.com/index.php/blog/23-2019-articles/39-01-21-2019-patent-information-analysis-for-strategic-business-decisions-the-patent-portfolio-audit
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association (MIPLA)
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Business Development Strategy, Market Research, Technology Strategy, Financial Analysis, Innovation and Development Strategy, Data Science and Data Analytics Analysis, Intellectual Property Evaluation, Patent Research, Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence, Capital Markets Strategy, Venture Capital Strategy, IoT (Internet-of-Things) Strategy and Technology Analysis, Wireless Technology Assessment, Broadband Wireline Analysis.
University of California, Berkeley – edX
Professional Certificate in Foundations of Data Science – In progress.
Machine Learning by Andrew Ng, Stanford University - Completed December 2018.
U.S Registered Patent Agent
Patent Bar passed July 2015.
University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN.
MBA - New Venture Management
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
MS Electrical Engineering
Master's thesis, post-graduate research, and teaching assistant dealing with advanced signal processing techniques as applied to radar echo analysis and voice recognition systems.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
BS Electrical Engineering
Parkland College, Champaign, IL.